* heads up regarding his upcoming schooling - "school" now (childcare), then after he's a "kindy kid" they're off to the "big school" and I'm sure he even mentioned "high school"
* having issues with wearing clothes that aren't size 3 as "I'm not that big yet" - maybe not in age, but you definitely are in size buddy
* not quite being able to name the characters in Play School as Jemima came out as something that rhymes with part of the female anatomy that starts with v (nearly fell off my chair trying not to laugh with this one)
* the latest "when I get a girl..." is he wants one just like mummy who also has long hair (bonus gold stars awarded here)
* telling me to move my big bum over so he could jump into bed with us (subtract ten gold stars, and subtract a zillion brownie points Nik had racked up as he laughed so hard he nearly fell out of bed - would have solved the space issue if he had!)
Boys had a great debate last week about do babies wear shoes, so while we were on the baby topic we introduced the fact that babies come from hospital - and some come from a baby hospital in India. Alex is convinced you go to India to get a baby, so this will give him something to think about. Definitely not discussing babies come from mummies tummy (or a borrowed one) after the big bum comment...
Big moment at swimming on Wednesday as boys graduated to the next class, which is down the shallow end and no floaties. Will be very interesting to see how they go.
Lots more progress on the house since I provided an update - kitchen is done except for painting, backyard pulled apart and lawn being laid next week ("pulled apart" included moving two garden beds brick by brick, and selling the remaining 328), new hot water that has the temperature controller again, replaced the toilet and purchased the floor + feature wall tiles for when we have money to do the ensuite.
I had an anonymous comment left a few months back commenting about how we've managed to afford surrogacy, a new house and a new car. Amani and I have spoken about this at length and why we can afford surrogacy is most of us are older, so we've been working forever and have equity in our houses we can draw against - which we have (to the hilt, as have most people I know who have created their families in a similar manner). We also have a new house as we moved further out (so it ended up being cheaper) and the new car resulted in more $$ in our pocket (as it's salary sacrificed). So that's how we have it all! With an incredible amount of hard work. And banks and credit card companies as our best friends.
This update seems to be Alex focused, so lots of Tajy photos to balance it out.
Practising with the duck whistles
New rubber boots - all fab, until
they got dirty
Tajy's bruised nose I mentioned
last month. Nicely compliments the
bruise on his forehead!